Seminars and training courses
Perception - Change of Perspective - Transformation
Communication is a central competence of our time. The good communicator holds the key to professional success and to happiness in the private sphere. First-class communication is a skill that has to be learnt, but it is worth its weight in gold in all life situations.
Communication – a key competence
In any social structure it is indispensable to master certain important social skills – especially in a demanding environment. For example, the following facts are not always appreciated:
Benefits of training sessions and seminars on communication
Who gains from my seminars and training sessions:
Make use of my custom-designed seminars, lectures and training sessions on communication for the benefit of your organization or institution – or for your private life. Possible topics:
- Feedback culture, respectful and appreciative communication (short workshops)
- Mediation and art: conflict management for exhibition guides
- Complaints management, conflict management (seminar)
- Communication and conflict prevention in difficult contexts (training session)
- Training in positive leadership with “Perma-Lead”: constructive, strengths-oriented staff management
There are effective methods for dealing with conflicts in teams (also intercultural teams). I will be happy to assist you with suitable team-building measures.
The food-for-thought talk comes in a special combination: after the short talk I am available for “standby mediation” (no obligation!). Please contact me with requests for talks, lectures on particular topics, or seminars on special conflict themes or communication and mediation. Typical topics include:
- First-class professional communication on a daily basis
- Conflict management as an essential management tool
- Mediational strategies for teachers and parents
- Communication and conflict culture in the non-profit field
- Mediational communication for doctors and patients
- Business mediation: a contemporary measure for modern companies
- Disputes and debates in arts management: mediation in the field of culture
- Complaint management as a marketing tool
- Mobbing prevention: conflict culture at the workplace
- Intercultural competence, communication and conflict-solving in teams
- Productive cooperation in international organizations
In my work teaching mediation students, I specialize in live mediations. This focus is a tried-and-tested exercise for training. In addition to anonymized case studies based on my experience I also spontaneously use cases offered by participants, principally working with role plays.
I am present at these real-time mediation processes, providing a commentary and offering ideas. This process results in important insights into mediation and the role of the mediator. And participants also learn from the content.
My work as a teacher on the training courses
- I am in charge of the practice modules of the “Training Course for State-Registered Mediators”. This takes place in the International Coach Federation’s course for ICF coaches at Trinergy International and
- in the distance learning MBA-Mediation course of the Burgenland University of Applied Sciences
Cultural aspects usually play an important part in scenarios involving international business relations or intercultural teams. I am happy to offer ways of achieving better mutual understanding. With my help you can work out targeted solutions in such areas as the following:
- differences in values and attitudes to time, hierarchies, gender, power, achievement or goal-orientation
- aspects of non-verbal communication such as body language, eye-to-eye contact, the significance of country-specific forms of greeting such as shaking hands, bowing, exchanging business cards etc.
- aspects of verbal communication such as direct feedback vs. “hidden messages”
- the importance of personal relations in, for example, concluding a successful business agreement
- behaviour in the case of conflict, for example, avoidance of open confrontation or making a scene
Goals can be reached more effectively by raising awareness regarding intercultural communication. This way, particularly difficult “knots in communication” can be worked out and resolved.
Intercultural mediation and communication can provide support for the establishment of productive co-operation and/or for resolving conflict. In this context all aspects of diversity, i.e. existing differences, will be included – an approach also known as “Diversity Management”:
- within multinational teams – including team - and strategy development
- in the private and family context
- between departments or between management level and teams
- between management level and employees – e.g. when management and employees have different cultural backgrounds
- between country offices and country representatives – e.g. in case of international cooperation and missions
I provide support through practicable and tailor - made interventions directly and on-site through
- Provision of Skills and Know-how
- Training, Lectures, Seminars and Workshops
- Establishment of Conflict-Management Structures
Don't judge a man until you have walked two moons in his moccasins.
I am happy to provide a tailor-made offer in the field of Seminars and Trainings on Communication and Conflict Management. Benefit from these targeted and specific interventions, in order to reach solutions for your company, your association or in the private context.
Support your executive personnel, teams and employees through knowledge and practical tools. Additionally I provide concepts to establish a sustainable conflict culture in your organisation. Some of the aspects at a glance: